16Mn is a kind of high strength low alloy structural steel, the carbon content of 0.12% -0.20% to join main alloying elements manganese, silicon, vanadium, niobium, and titanium.
16Mn Steel is a carbon-manganese steel, carbon content of 0.16%, the yield point is equal to 343MPa (strength level belonging to 343MPa). Less the 16Mn steel alloy content, good weldability, and generally do not have to warm-up before welding.
But because the 16Mn steel hardened tendency is slightly larger than the low-carbon steel, so at low temperatures (such as winter open operation) or welded on the structure of large rigidity, large thickness, to prevent cold cracking, the need to take the preheated measures.
The main chemical compositions(%) of 16Mn：
Mechanical Properties of 16Mn：
|Brinel hardness HBS(max)||–|
The W.T. tolerance of 16Mn steel pipe：
- Packed in wooden crates, wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
- Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
- Pipes are supplied in hexagonal bundles or round bundles tied with steel strip.
- Weight of bundle – up to 5000 kg upon request of customer.
- Each bundle is furnished with three tags.