ASTM A333 Grade 6 is the part of standard covers wall seamless and welded carbon and alloy steel pipe intended for use at low temperatures. ASTM A333 Grade 6 alloy pipe shall be made by the seamless or welding process with the addition of no filler metal in the welding operation.
ASTM A333 Grade 6 specification covers seamless and welded steel pipe for low temperature service. ASTM A333 Grade 6 Seamless Pipe involved is similar to AISI 4032 low alloy steel.
Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe size for Low-Temperature Service:
- Outer Dimensions: 19.05mm – 114.3mm
- Wall Thickness: 2.0mm – 14 mm
- Length: max 16000mm
Application: Seamless and Welded Steel Pipe for Low-Temperature Service.
Steel grade: ASTM A333 Grade 6
Bare packing/bundle packing/crate packing/wooden protection at the both sides of tubes and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
Inspection and Test: Chemical Composition Inspection, Mechanical Properties Test(Tensile Strength,Yield Strength, Elongation, Flaring, Flattening, Bending, Hardness, Impact Test), Surface and Dimension Test,No-destructive Test, Hydrostatic Test.
Surface treatment: Oil-dip, Varnish, Passivation, Phosphating, Shot Blasting.
Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
ASTM A333 Grade 6 Chemical Compositions(%)
Mechanical properties for ASTM A333 Grade 6 Alloy Steel
|Tensile strength, min, (MPa)||415 Mpa|
|Yield strength, min, (MPa)||240 Mpa|
|Elongation, min, (%), L/T||30/16.5|
the notched-bar impact properties of each set of three impact specimens, when tested at temperature specified shall be not less than the values prescribed.
- ASTM A 370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical testing of Steel Products
- ASTM A999/A 999M Specification for General requirements for Alloy and Stainless Steel Pipe.
- ASTM A 671 Specification for General requirements for Alloy and Stainless Steel Pipe
- ASTM E 23 Test Methods for Notched bar Impact testing of Metallic Materials