ASTM A335 P22 is the part of ASTM A335. ASTM A335 P22 alloy steel pipe shall be suitable for bending, flanging, and similar forming operations, and for fusion welding.
Each length of pipe shall be subjected to the hydrostatic test. Also, each pipe shall be examined by a non-destructive examination method in accordance to the required practices.
A335 is often called chrome moly pipe because of the chemical makeup of Molybdenum (Mo) and Chromium (Cr). Molybdenum increases the strength of steel as well as the elastic limit, resistance to wear, impact qualities, and hardenability.
The range of ASTM A335 P22 pipe sizes that may be examined by each method shall be subjected to the limitations in the scope of the respective practice.
The different mechanical test requirements for pipes, namely, transverse or longitudinal tension test, flattening test, and hardness or bend test are presented.Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
- Outer Dimensions: 19.05mm – 114.3mm
- Wall Thickness: 2.0mm – 14 mm
- Length: max 16000mm
Steel grade: ASTM A335 P22
Bare packing/bundle packing/crate packing/wooden protection at the both sides of tubes and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
Inspection and Test:
Chemical Composition Inspection, Mechanical Properties Test(Tensile Strength,Yield Strength, Elongation, Flaring, Flattening, Bending, Hardness, Impact Test), Surface and Dimension Test,No-destructive Test, Hydrostatic Test.
Oil-dip, Varnish, Passivation, Phosphating, Shot Blasting.
Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
ASTM A335 P22 Chemical Compositions(%)
Mechanical properties for ASTM A335 P22
|Tensile strength, min, (MPa)||415 Mpa|
|Yield strength, min, (MPa)||205 Mpa|
|Elongation, min, (%), L/T||30/20|
(Note: This is summarized information from ASME Specification A335. Please refer to the specific Standard or Specification or contact us for more details.)
Material & Manufacture
Pipe may be either hot finished or cold drawn with the finishing heat treatment noted below.
- A / N+T
- N+T / Q+T
Mechanical Tests Specified
- Transverse or Longitudinal Tension Test and Flattening Test, Hardness Test, or Bend Test
- For material heat treated in a batch-type furnace, tests shall be made on 5% of the pipe from each treated lot. For small lots, at least one pipe shall be tested.
- For material heat treated by the continuous process, tests shall be made on a sufficient number of pipe to constitute 5% of the lot, but in no case less than 2 pipe.
Notes for Hardness Test:
- P11 shall not have a hardness not exceeding 250 HB/265 HV [25HRC].
Notes for Bend Test:
- For pipe whose diameter exceeds NPS 25 and whose diameter to wall thickness ratio is 7.0 or less shall be subjected to the bend test instead of the flattening test.
- Other pipe whose diameter equals or exceeds NPS 10 may be given the bend test in place of the flattening test subject to the approval of the purchaser.
- The bend test specimens shall be bent at room temperature through 180 without cracking on the outside of the bent portion.