A figure-8 blank (also called a Spectacle Blind Flange) is+ a pressure-retaining plate with one solid end and one open end connected with a web or tie bar.
- Size: 1/2” to 60”, DN 12mm to DN 1500mm
- Pressure class: Class 150 to Class 2,500, PN 2.5 to PN 250
- Facing: RF / RTJ
A spectacle flange is a specialty flange made of two metal discs attached in the middle by a small section of steel. Spectable flanges get their name because they look like a pair of reading glasses, or spectacles. Spectacle flanges, also known as spectacle blind flanges, are most commonly used on piping systems that need to be separated regularly or where the flow through the systems is regularly stopped. One end of the spectacle flange is solid, while the other end has a hole in the center. The spectacle flange can be rotated to place either the solid or hollow end within the pipe system, thereby opening or closing the flow.
Advantages of Spectacle Flanges
- Spectacle flanges require no welding for installation
- Spectacle flanges from Sunny Steel Flange have a wide range of pressure tolerances
- Sunny Steel will manufacture spectacle flanges to your specifications