JIS G3461 Standard specifies the carbon steel tubes, hereinafter refered to as the tubes, used for exchanger heat on the inside and outside of the tube, such as water tubes, smoke tubes, superheater tubes, air preheater tubes, etc.
JIS G3461 is the usages of the boiler, and heat exchanger tubes, condenser tubes, catalyst tubes, etc. used in chemical and petroleum industries. However, it is not applicable to the steel tubes for heating furnace and steel heat exchanger tubes for low temperature service.
The JIS G3461 boiler tube Size (mm):
Outer Dimensions: 19.05mm – 168.3mm
Wall Thickness:2.0mm – 14 mm
Length: max 19000mm
Painting: as requested.
Application: used for exchanging heat on the inside and outside of the tube, such as water tubes, smoke tubes, superherater tubes, air preheater tubes, etc. of boilers, and heat exchanger industries. it is not applicable to the steel tubes for heating furnace and those for heat exchangers for low temperature service.
The main products of steel / steel grade:
JIS G3461 tube Chemical Compositions(%)
JIS G3461 tube Mechanical Properties
|Grade||Yield Strength (Mpa)||Tensile Strength (Mpa)||Elongation (%)|
Packing: Bare/bundles/crates/crate protection at the both sides of tubes or as per customers’ requirements .
JIS G3461 Equivalent steel grade:
|STB 340||A178||SA178 A||3059-P1 320||17175 st 35.8||ABS D||KSTB 33||Sec 6 320||Sec 4-E-TS360|
|STB 410||A178 C||SA178 C||3059-P2 440||17175 st 45.8||ABS F||KSTB 42||Sec 6 410||Sec 4-E-TS410-1|
|STB 510||17175 19Mn 5||Sec 4-E-TS510|
Each tube haing passed the inspection shall be marked with the following items. However, the order of arranging the items is not specified. Further, in the case of either smaller tubs or request from the purchaser, the tubes may be bundled together and marked for each bundle by a suitable means.
- Class symbol
- Letter symbol indication the manufacturing method
- Manufacturer’s name or its abbreviation
- Letter symbolS indicating the designation of special quality requirements
- Hot finished seamless steel tube -S -H
- Cold finished seamless steel tube -S -C
- Electric resistance welded steel tube other than Hot finished and cold finished -E -G
- Hot finished electric resistance welded steel tube -E -H
- Cold finished electric resistance welded steel tube -E –C
- Japanese Industrial Standards-JIS 日本工业标准,是日本国家级标准中最重要、最权威的标准。