With an extensive carbon steel inventory, Sunny Steel carries a wide range of carbon steel elbow in a variety of sizes and pressure ratings to meet your project’s needs—including hard-to-find configurations and sizes.
Carbon steel elbows are curved connecting pieces that join straight lengths of pipe, commonly at a 90° or 45° angle, allowing obstructions to be avoided in plumbing, ventilation, welding, and automotive applications.
We supply carbon steel elbows of different standards(ASTM, ASME, NACE, MSS).
Carbon steel is also known as the iron-carbon alloy containing less than 2% carbon WC.
Generally also contain small amounts of silicon, manganese, sulfur, phosphorus and carbon steel, in addition to carbon use can be divided into carbon steel and carbon structural steel, carbon tool steel, and ease of cutting structural steel three categories. Carbon structural steel is divided into building structural steel and machinery manufacturing structural steel two kinds.
According to the carbon steel, carbon content can be divided into low-carbon steel (WC ≤ 0.25%), medium carbon steel (WC0.25% – 0.6%) phosphorus, sulfur content and high-carbon steel (WC> 6%) can be divided into ordinary carbon steel (containing phosphorus, sulfur higher), high-quality carbon steel (containing phosphorus, low sulfur) and high quality steel (phosphorus, sulfur less), generally, the higher carbon content, the higher the hardness, higher strength but lower ductility.
An elbow is a pipe fitting installed between two lengths of pipe or tubing to allow a change of direction, usually a 180° or 90° angle, though 45° elbows are also made. The ends may be machined for butt welding (SW) or socketed welding(SW) etc.
Most elbows are available in short radius or long radius variants. When the two ends differ in size, the fitting is called a reducing elbow or reducer elbow.
Elbows are categorized based on various design features as below:
- Long Radius (LR) Elbow is also called LR elbow – means the radius is 1.5 times the pipe diameter
- Short Radius (SR) Elbow is also called SR elbow, – means the radius is 1.0 times the pipe diameter
- Short radiu 45°Elbow: Short radius 45° elbow changes the direction by 45 degrees.
- Short radius 90°Elbow: Short Radius 90° elbow is same as LR90 except for the measurement between end of elbow to center line is 1 x NPS.
- Short radius 180° Elbow: Short Radius 180° return bend allows complete reversal of flow